Quitting a job

I am on a part-time Scriptwriting course at Oxford University.

If I quit my current job and moved to rented accommodation I could pursue the 'writing side' full-time (always making sure I was ready and available for work if the ideal vacancy came along...)

This means I would lose approximately £30,000 (according to the main pay scale for teachers) which is about £120 a day. However as I get paid holidays it's really about £180 a working day. This is about £110 after tax and national insurance etc. Take off petrol and food then it's about £105. Making the maths easy, it's £100 a day.

But if I lived on benefits....

I'd get free use of Council sports facilities (I spend £2 a day on gym membership)
About £10 a day in JSA
About £13 a day in rent allowance/income support etc

So that's about £75 a day less.

But...I'd also get 10 extra hours a day free time.

So for £7.50 an hour.....

Hmmm..

Loads of advice around... people falling over each other to help...

After all £28,000 a year on benefits if you have a load of kids...

Ex-gunmen get benefits...

Terror suspects get benefits...

People even become addicted to benefits...

20% are on benefits - plenty of company...

140,000 people get more than me in a job...

Maybe go and live on a tropical island...

Maybe study p/time for an MA....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Approach to teaching

Methods there are many, principles but few, methods often change, principles never do